Privacy Notes for (potential) Customers
The following information will give you as a customer or prospective customer of our company and our services an overview of the processing of your personal data by us and of your rights. This is a general overview. It depends on the requested or agreed services which data are processed in detail and how they are used.
1. Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
Data controller within the meaning of Article 4 (7) GDPR is MITSUBOSHI BELTING EUROPE GMBH, Hansemannstrasse 63, D-41468 Neuss, Deutschland, E-Mail: email@example.com.
To contact our data protection officer, please use the postal address above – with the suffix “data protection officer” – or contact the data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Scope of Data Processing
(1) When you visit our website (https://www.mitsuboshi.de), we process personal data which your internet browser automatically sends to us. These include soft- and hardware information such as the language and version of your browser and operating system or the date and time of your visit, as well as your IP-Address.
This processing of your personal data is strictly necessary to provide you our website and is based on our legitimate interest to present our company and products and to offer contact details. The legal ground is Art. 6 (1) (f) of GDPR.
We delete this data automatically after 7 days.
(2) We process personal data which we receive from you within the scope of our business relations. In addition, we process – insofar as this is required for our business relationship – personal data which we obtain from publicly accessible sources (e.g. register of commerce and associations, press, Internet) or which is transmitted to us by other third parties (e.g. a credit reference agency).
(3) We process the following information and data:
- Personal details (title, first and last name of the customer, if the customer is a natural person or of its contact persons if the customer is a legal entity);
- Valid e-mail address of the customer or its contact persons as well as any further business contact details (telephone and fax numbers);
- Business address of the customer;
- Information as regards the creditworthiness of the customer;
- Contract data and contract documents; as well as
- Other personal information required for the processing of the respective order and your inquiry.
(4) The processing of the data is necessary
- to identify the customer
- to fulfil the agreed services;
- to communicate with you and to maintain customer care including the creation of meeting records;
- to issue invoices and for accounting and bookkeeping purposes;
- to enforce claims.
(5) The processing of data is required pursuant to Article 6 (1)(b) and (c) GDPR for the aforementioned purposes for the implementation of pre-contractual measures or for the processing of the order and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations from the business relationship as well as for the fulfilment of legal obligations (e.g. from tax laws, from the Money Laundering Act). The processing of personal data of contact persons of the customer for the aforementioned purposes is carried out to safeguard the legitimate interests of the customer or MITSUBOSHI BELTING EUROPE GMBH, Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR.
3. Disclosure of the data to third parties
Within our company, those departments that need your data to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations will have access to it. Also, agents and service providers engaged by us in the course of our business operations (including in our group of companies) who process personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions may receive access to the data. These are companies in the categories IT services, logistics, telecommunications, debt collection, consulting as well as sales and marketing.
With regard to the transfer of data to recipients outside our company, we should first of all note that we only disclose necessary personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations. We may only disclose information about you if this is required by law if you have agreed to it or if we are authorized to provide information. Under these conditions, recipients of personal data may be, for example:
- public authorities and institutions (e.g., tax authorities, prosecution authorities) in case of a statutory obligation or an administrative order,
- banking and financial service institutions or comparable institutions to which we disclose personal data within the scope of the business relationship,
- creditors or insolvency administrators, who lodge an inquiry in the context of a levy of execution,
- financial auditors.
4. Are Data transferred into a Third Country or an International Organisation?
A data transfer to entities in countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area (so-called third countries) may be affected to the extent that
- the performance of a contract requires the transfer (e.g., contracts for delivery),
- we are legally obliged to disclose the data (e.g. reporting obligations under tax law) or
- you will provide your consent on an individual case-by-case basis.
Further, a transfer of data to entities in third countries will be affected in the following cases:
- Like many other companies, the IT of our company is centrally managed by the IT department of our parent company in Japan. To the extent necessary to perform the IT administration, our parent company has access to your data, especially your communication data. Japan’s level of data protection has been deemed appropriate by the European Commission. In addition, the parent company undertakes to adhere to technical and organisational measures with regard to the security of the data.
- Our employees use the online service of Microsoft Office 365, which means that all data is processed and archived on Microsoft servers. Microsoft processes personal data according to its own specifications in accordance with the European data protection level.
5. How long will my Data be stored?
The personal data that we collect for the purpose of performing the business relationship will be stored until the end of the statutory retention period (6 years from the end of the year the relationship ended) and deleted thereafter, unless we are obliged or entitled to a longer storage (from 2 to 10 years) in accordance with Article 6 (1)(c) GDPR due to tax and commercial law storage and documentation obligations (from German Commercial Law, Criminal Code or tax code) or the data subject has separately agreed to a longer retention in accordance with Article 6 (1)(a) GDPR.
6. Your Rights
Each data subject has the right of access under Article 15 GDPR, the right of rectification under Article 16 GDPR, the right of erasure under Article 17 GDPR, the right to restrict processing under Article 18 GDPR, the right to object under Article 21 GDPR and the right to transfer data under Article 20 GDPR.
The restrictions under Sections 34 and 35 German Data Protection Act apply to the right to information and the right to cancellation. In addition, there is a right of appeal to a competent data protection supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 German Data Protection Act). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data at any time. This also applies to the withdrawal of consent provided to us before the GDPR came into force, i.e. before 25 May 2018. Please note that the revocation will only take effect for the future.
Many cookies contain a so-called cookie ID. A cookie ID is a unique identifier of the cookie. It consists of a character string through which Internet pages and servers can be assigned to the specific Internet browser in which the cookie was stored. This allows visited Internet sites and servers to differentiate the individual browser of the data subject from other Internet browsers that contain other cookies. A specific Internet browser can be recognized and identified using the unique cookie ID.
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
8. The Use and Application of HubSpot
We use HubSpot for our online marketing activities. HubSpot is an integrated software solution that covers various aspects of our online marketing. These include:
- E-mail marketing
(newsletters and automated mailings, e.g. to provide downloads)
- Reporting (e.g. traffic sources, access, etc.)
- Contact management (e.g. user segmentation & CRM)
8.1. Contact form by HubSpot
When you use our online contact form, your information will be stored in HubSpot’s servers. While you enter your e-mail-address, it gets sent to HubSpot servers for validation. Like this we can make sure that your entered address is valid, and you receive our reply.
This storage and processing of your information is based on Art. 6 (1) (f) of GDPR, our legitimate interest to receive business communication and to provide an easy to use contact form on our website. As the contact form is only intended for B2B communication, it generally processes contact information on business partners and contact persons with potential customers. As you give us your contact data willingly, we rely on your reasonable expectation that we will use the data as intended for answering your questions and requests. Using our service provider, we can tailor our response to your needs and quickly reply to your requests concerning our products.
8.2. Web-Analysis by HubSpot
When you use our Website, your browser may transmit certain information to HubSpot servers automatically to enable an analysis of your usage of our website.
HubSpot only makes anonymised information available to us, including dates of access, visited subpages, referrer, country of origin or retention time. We are not able to correlate your access to you individually. HubSpot does not retain your IP-address persistently. After analysing the rough geographical location of your access, the address is deleted.
We only use the web-analysis by HubSpot based on your explicit consent, which you can give via the consent banner on our website. In such case, the legal grounds for the processing is Art. 6 (1) (a) of GDPR, your consent.
We have entered into a data processing agreement with HubSpot. This includes the Standard Contractual Clauses by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of data protection.
HubSpot is a software company based in the USA with an office in Ireland.
2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay
Dublin 1, Ireland,
Telephone: +353 1 5187500
More information from HubSpot regarding the EU data protection regulations:
You can find more information about the cookies used by HubSpot here:
9. The Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics with anonymization function.
Google Analytics will only be active, if you have given your explicit consent using the consent banner on our website. In such case, the legal grounds for the processing is Art. 6 (1) (a) of GDPR, your consent.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Web analysis is the generation, collection, and analysis of data about the use of visitors to our websites. A web-analysis-service collects data, from which website a visitor reached a website (so called Referrer), which subpages the visitor accessed and how often and for which length of stay a subpage was visited. This analysis is used for the optimization of a website and for a cost-effectiveness analysis of web marketing.
Operator of the Google-Analytics-Component is Google Ireland Ltd., Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland, (“Google”).
MITSUBOSHI BELTING EUROPE GMBH is using for the web-analysis via Google Analytics the extension “_gat._anonymizeIp”. With this extension the IP-address of the internet access of the person concerned is shortened and anonymized by Google, if the access to our website takes place within a member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
Your unshortened IP-address will be sent to Google servers in the US and only shortened there in exceptional cases. The IP-address transmitted for the purposes of Google Analytics will not be combined with other information from Google.
The purpose of the Google-Analytics-Component is the analysis of stream of visitors to our website. Google is using the generated data and information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer. Setting a Cookie allows an analysis of the use of the website by you. Through every access of a subpage of this website, your browser will be automatically prompted by the respective Google-Analytic-Component to transmit data for the purpose of the online-analysis to Google.
For the purpose of this proceeding Google will acquire knowledge of your personal data like the shortened IP-address, which help Google a.o. to identify the origin of visitors and clicks.
By means of Cookies, personal data, e.g. access time, the location from which an access was originated and the frequency of your visits to our website are stored. This information will be sent to and stored by Google in the United States of America after your IP-address has been shortened. Google possibly transfers the data generated to third parties.
You can object to the collection and prevent the processing of data by Google, which are related to the use of this website and generated via Google-Analytics.
For this purpose you would have to download and install the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Further information and the applicable privacy laws of Google can be downloaded under:
Further information on the usage of transmitted data can be referred to here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
10. Our LinkedIn Page
We operate a social media page on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/mbl-antriebstechnik-deutschland-gmbh/).
We use this page to present our company and products.
LinkedIn collects information on your behaviour and interests when visiting our site and provides us with an aggregated analysis of visitor groups and interactions (Page Insights). This processing of your data is based on your legitimate interest to better understand our target audience according to Art. 6 (1) f) of GDPR.
Furthermore, LinkedIn might process your personal data for their own purposes for marketing and market research. Cookies might be placed on your computer that evaluate your usage. Other information on your devices, internet connection or your location may be collected and associated with your account.
A usage profile on you might be generated. These profiles can be used to show personalised advertisements on different platforms.
How LinkedIn uses the data from the visit to the website for its own purposes, how long this data is stored, is not clearly named by LinkedIn, and is not known to us beyond the processing mentioned above.
When you visit our LinkedIn page your personal data may be processed outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Information regarding LinkedIn:
- LinkedIn is a business platform, offered by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland, Headquarter in LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 W. Maude Ave., Sunnyvale, California 94085.
We have entered into an agreement on the joint controllership regarding page insights which you can reference here:
LinkedIn declares themselves responsible for all processing activities regarding your personal data on the platform. LinkedIn is also responsible for fulfilling the data subject rights.
At any time, you may exercise your data subject rights regarding our LinkedIn page and the Page Insights. You can contact either us or LinkedIn. If you contact us, we will forward your request to LinkedIn for handling.
If you have an account with LinkedIn, you can change your privacy settings here: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/